Come join us in worship! Asbury United Methodist, established in 1771, has long been a welcoming community. We strive to follow the example of Christ, grow in love and welcome into full fellowship persons of every race, gender, culture, nationality, sexual orientation or gender identity, economic circumstance, age, physical and mental ability, family and marital status. We affirm that all persons are individuals of sacred worth.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Remember, Recenter, RenewBy Rev. Jason Radmacher We’re tempted to make the winter seasons of our lives definitive, to say, “That person used to be something, but look at them now,” or “God, what did they do to get into such a state,” or “You know them, they’ve always been like that.” We make judgements in the midst of ...
- Check Yourselfby Rev. Jason Radmacher Text: Mark: 7 Striving to know and experience the substance of true religion was one of John Wesley’s animating principles, and, therefore, one of the defining characteristics of the Methodist revival that he led. Wesley sought to instill among his followers an honest desire for holiness. He wanted them, and us, to know ...
- Sharp Minds and Tender Heartsby Rev. Jason Radmacher Text: 1 Kings 2:10-12, 3:3-14 The opening chapters of the book called First Kings describe a chaotic scramble that decided who would follow David as Israel’s king. These chapters tell us how one of David’s sons, Prince Adonijah, declared himself king while his father was still alive, only to have his plans undone by the ...
Directions to Asbury
- Grants enrich United Methodist outreach in East Africa May 24, 2022Partners UMC Ministries and Harper Hill Global raised more than $13,000 to assist projects in the Uganda-South Sudan Conference.
- Greater Nhiwatiwa shares faith journey in new book May 23, 2022Despite being denied an education as a girl, she went on to become a nurse and leader in The United Methodist Church in Zimbabwe in her role as an African bishop’s spouse.
- Police make arrest in pastor’s slaying May 20, 2022The Rev. Marita Y. Harrell, a United Methodist pastor in Atlanta, was stabbed to death earlier this week, and police have arrested a suspect and obtained warrants for murder and arson.
Click on the above image to visit http://musicatasbury.com and learn more about our free concert series serving the community.