Come join us in worship! Asbury United Methodist, established in 1771, has long been a welcoming community. We strive to follow the example of Christ, grow in love and welcome into full fellowship persons of every race, gender, culture, nationality, sexual orientation or gender identity, economic circumstance, age, physical and mental ability, family and marital status. We affirm that all persons are individuals of sacred worth.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Remember, Recenter, RenewBy Rev. Jason Radmacher We’re tempted to make the winter seasons of our lives definitive, to say, “That person used to be something, but look at them now,” or “God, what did they do to get into such a state,” or “You know them, they’ve always been like that.” We make judgements in the midst of ...
- Check Yourselfby Rev. Jason Radmacher Text: Mark: 7 Striving to know and experience the substance of true religion was one of John Wesley’s animating principles, and, therefore, one of the defining characteristics of the Methodist revival that he led. Wesley sought to instill among his followers an honest desire for holiness. He wanted them, and us, to know ...
- Sharp Minds and Tender Heartsby Rev. Jason Radmacher Text: 1 Kings 2:10-12, 3:3-14 The opening chapters of the book called First Kings describe a chaotic scramble that decided who would follow David as Israel’s king. These chapters tell us how one of David’s sons, Prince Adonijah, declared himself king while his father was still alive, only to have his plans undone by the ...
Directions to Asbury
- ‘Church for nerds’ builds community without a building October 18, 2021As churches in the pandemic era have gotten creative with virtual worship, Checkpoint Church was designed to be exclusively virtual. They don’t even have a building.
- Guidance for sexual harassment survivors October 18, 2021A new website from the United Methodist Commission on the Status and Role of Women is designed to help people navigate the process for addressing sexual misconduct in the church.
- Kenyan church provides clean, safe water October 15, 2021Today, some 2,000 community members, including 500 pupils at Moheto Primary School, benefit from a borehole project in rural Kenya.
Click on the above image to visit http://musicatasbury.com and learn more about our free concert series serving the community.